"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them."
Yifan Xu is currently an Applied Scientist at Coinbase, where he investigates the potential of using AI and blockchain technology together to develop innovative solutions. He is also working on large language models (LLM) as part of his ongoing research. Yifan is passionate about advancing the field of AI and using it to tackle complex and diverse problems.
Before joining Coinbase, Yifan completed his Ph.D. in Cognitive Science at UC San Diego, where he also received his B.S. in Computer Science and Engineering. Under the supervision of Professor Zhuowen Tu, his research is centered around addressing the intricate complexities within several domains of artificial intelligence, such as natural language processing, computer vision, and reinforcement learning. Yifan has published his work in top conferences such as ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, and ACL.
- Upcoming Conferences I'm thrilled to be attending the Future of Decentralization, AI & Computing Summit at Berkeley on 8/27, the Science of Blockchain Conference (Stanford SBC’23) from 8/28 to 8/30, and Google Next 23 from 8/29 to 8/31. If you're around, let's meet up and discuss Generative AI, Blockchain and more!
Introducing BLIVA: A Simple Multimodal LLM for Better Handling of Text-Rich Visual Questions! We also explored some real-world applications, including YouTube thumbnail analysis! Code on GitHub && Try our demo!
CoaT Model Becomes Essential: Our CoaT (Co-Scale Conv-Attentional Transformer) image classification model hosted on Hugging Face has achieved 30K+ downloads every month. It has become one of the favored Transformers in various domains, including Kaggle competitions, industry, and academia, underscoring its growing prominence. Explore its capabilities today!
* indicates equal contribution
- "BLIVA: A Simple Multimodal LLM for Better Handling of Text-Rich Visual Questions", W Hu*, Y Xu*, Y Li, W Li, Z Chen, Z Tu, arXiv preprint
"Detection of Malicious On-Chain Programs", held by Coinbase and authored by Y Xu,
George Liu, I Rustandi, Y MA
United States Patent
Nature Language Processing
- "Convolutions and Self-Attention: Re-interpreting
Positions in Pre-trained Language Models", TA
Chang, Y Xu, W
Xu, Z Tu, ACL 2021
- "Rethinking exposure bias in language modeling", Y Xu*, K
Zhang*, H Dong, Y Sun, W Zhao, Z Tu, arXiv preprint
- "On the Feasibility of Cross-Task Transfer with
Reinforcement Learning", Y Xu*, N Hansen*, Z Wang,
Su, Z Tu, ICLR 2023
- "Neural Program Synthesis By Self-Learning", Y Xu*,
L Dai*, U Singh, K Zhang, Z Tu, arXiv preprint
- "Co-scale conv-attentional image transformers", W
Xu*, Y Xu*, T
Chang, Z Tu, ICCV 2021 (Oral)
- "Line Segment Detection Using Transformers without Edges",
Y Xu*, W Xu*, D Cheung, Z Tu, CVPR 2021 (Oral)
- "Pose Recognition with Cascade Transformers", K Li,
Zhang, Y Xu, W Xu, Z Tu, CVPR 2021
- "Attentional Constellation Nets for Few-Shot Learning",
Y Xu*, H Wang*, Z Tu, ICLR 2021
- "Guided variational autoencoder for disentanglement
Z Ding*, Y Xu*, W Xu, G Parmar, Y Yang, M Welling, Z Tu, CVPR
I helped plan the Machine Learning and Blockchain Summit at Coinbase. This is the first summit of its kind, bringing together experts in both machine learning and blockchain technology. We look forward to welcoming you at next year's event!
I have dedicated my time to reviewing for top-tier ML/AI conferences such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, NeurIPS, and ICLR since 2021.
About This Site
This website content is hosted on the InterPlanetary File System (IPFS), a decentralized network for storing and sharing files. It is backed up by FileCoin, a decentralized storage network that uses a blockchain-based system, through the use of Fleek, a platform for building and deploying websites on IPFS. This setup makes the website more secure and resilient, and enables it to be accessed by a wider audience.
My DNS (Centralized) URL: yfxu.com
My ENS (Decentralized) Address: yfxu.eth.limo